Monday, February 5, 2018

BARRY'S CORNER - LIVING IN ELKMONT

On the trail today (probably get tired of hearing that) on my way to the state line for a nice cool 11 miler. We seem not to have an in-between temperature here in the South...it is either hot or cold. 


Anyway, as I was running close to the end of the trail about seven chihuahuas came running out, ready to tear me apart. To most runners this would be known as "ankle biters" but to a runner of my statue it could be some shins and knees involved. The dogs were in hot pursuit but being a runner in training I kept my eyes ahead and kept my pace, sort of.....


All of a sudden a big doberman came from behind the trailer and stood between me and the small dogs. The small dogs all tucked their tails, bowed their heads and ran the other direction. It seems they knew their "place." Some may not like that I believe this, but we all have a "place" in this life. In some instances we may be top dog and in others we may be the chihuahua running back to the house. I guess I miss the days of respect. Respect for authority and respect for parents and others. 


Today it seems that we hold so little regard for those in charge. I'm all for questioning and examining within the restraints of the law, but blatant disregard for rules and order can not become the norm. It seems more and more people are accepting this as such. There was a sense of comfort in watching those pups scurry back to the porch under the watchful eye of the bigger dog. 


I believe our world was created with order. In my experience all works better when we have a person in charge and even if we disagree we afford them the respect they deserve. Just my take. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment